Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Challenge Completed

I took your "no-technology-for-24-hours" challenge, Ms. Fletcher...well, actually it lasted about a whole WEEK for me.

Last week, I went to visit my relatives in Mexico. The whole week, I went sight seeing and to the beach and just exploring the country. I had brought my laptop in case I had time to draw on it or something (no internet connection at my Grandma's, though.) But I didn't even take it out of the luggage case.

On the day before I came back home, I went to my uncle's house in Ensenada. He did have internet. I asked him if I could use his computer to check my messages and such. But, this time, I wasn't really that excited nor entertained by it. Usually, I spend hours on my laptop, mainly spending my time on Deviantart.com, which is where I look at art, and put up my own for others to see.

But this time, I spent about 3 minutes answering messages, then logged off. Even my sister was surprised that I didn't take full advantage of my uncle's internet access and stayed up all night (which I normally do...)

So, for me, your challenge gave me time to forget about my internet life and actually enjoy real life. Haha. You guys are probably reading this and thinking I'm such a freak or a hermit, but don't deny it. You know that you too have spent ridiculous amount of hours logged on. And for those that do, I really recommend taking this challenge too (if you haven't taken it already).

1 comment:

Matthew Turner said...

When I went to Mexico earlier this summer, I completed the task, too. It was much easier in Mexico because I was in a mostly rural part of Mexico. The largest extent of technology we had were a lamp and a pay phone in the middle of the town. Sadly, the first activity I did when I came home was turn on my computer to check the blog and my email.
This relates to one of my earlier comments in that it is much easier to do this task without the temptations of our environment.

I also completed this task last week when I went camping. My family would be obsessed over finding a cell phone signal and go for 20 minutes just to find one.