Monday, August 4, 2008
Modifying humans is like creating robots.
When I first started reading Brave New World I was completely shocked about their way of life. First of all i do not think a fetus should be given alcohol or be deprived of oxygen so that they aren't functional as other children to be born. In my opinion every human being should be able to have the chance to succeed the most they can with their life. Deciding most of their fate when they have no chance to object is beyond belief. I would compare it to a similiar situation (abortion) but which of course is worse. And I was disgusted when I read about the children doing their daily "erotic play." We are in an age of technology. It seemed that the age in Brave New World was an age of robots.(with flesh) The way they created and "adjusted" the unborn humans is similiar to how we create and adjust technology to our liking and satisfaction. This book suprised me, but, i realize that our society could become a bit similiar to the "New World" if we continue to search for amusement and continuable happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment