Friday, August 22, 2008

soma seems like its very dependable....

Does everyone rely on or depend on soma throughout Brave New World? It seems like just because something isn't going the right way or is making their life miserable, they take soma. At first when i saw the word soma i had no clue what it meant. But as I continued on reading it started to make more sense to me that soma was some type of drug or alcohol. And that if you took just enough that it could kill you or that it could give you holidays depending on how long you sleep. And however much you take depends on how long it will last you.

If we had soma in our world, would we have the same life as the society in Brave New World does? Well I mean we sort of do with drugs that people take to make the bad things go away or just disappear.

I wouldn't want to live in a world where people in society were dependable on soma. I mean what's the point to life if everyone is just happy happy happy. It would seem like a perfect little world.

No comments: