~Jake Bonifacio
Thursday, August 14, 2008
"Savage" Revenge
As I start finishing the novel Brave New World, I have arrived to the understanding that Bernard and Lenina have retrieved The Director's "lost love", who is Linda, and his son John, who is the "Savage." It seems to be very ironic to have The Director disapproving sexual intercourse with others when he has done it himself with Linda. After he has performed his acts, this thus caused him to have a son named John. I believe what he did when he first lost Linda was very untelligent to flee his supposive "lover" Linda after being rescued by some Savages. It is very similar to having two blind date couples going on a date and one of them sustains a "one night stand' which I appear it to be deleterious. I happen to discontinue the novel when Bernard has informed other people that the "Savage" John is staying with him and it seems to be very fond with them that they may obtain the amusement of experiencing the sight of a "Savage" seeming to have the similarites of our lifestyle now. The people are then disappointed by having informed that the "Savage" is unvailiable at the moment. This makes Bernard's reputation go down and make him become insulted by the people either in front of him, to him, or in a whisper. I was distraught as how Bernard used John to get him to be known better by the others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think you got it wrong. The director encourages sexual intercourse with others, thats a big deal in the World state. When he flees his "lover" he actually just leaves her. Linda was an individual and could easily be replaced.
Yeah, I think the Director encourages sexual intercourse. That is why people have each other. He said that he had lost the girl he cared about but instead of staying and really look ing for her, he just leaves. He leaves her as if the was an object not a human being who was lost.
The Director doesn't discourage sexual intercourse, he (well, the entire society) discourages emotional relationships beween people. Loveless sex is okay; everyone belongs to everyone else, not loves everyone else.
Post a Comment