Friday, August 22, 2008

Controling Television

How did we allow television to get this close to controling our lives? I sometimes even plan my day around television shows. That is not good. But that is the life I have grown up in. I can't blame my mistakes on my parents anymore because I can make my own decissions now. Darn. Well I would blame the television addiction on them because they got me started, but I can't because I can stop watching TV whenever I want to. The problem is it's hard.

Well it's not too hard. I do lots of other things to occupy myself like reading or doing a craft or something. I still have to make sure i don't miss the new episode of The Office or So You Think You Can Dance though. I don't see television as a bad thing as long as it's not being constantly viewed. I used to dred every Olympic season because that means that is all my parents would be watching and it seemed like I couldn't watch any of my shows for forever. But now I actually enjoy watching the Olympics and I am not as attached to the television as I used to be. Also I have AP English homework to keep me busiy.

1 comment:

Kendall Oshiro said...

Haha, I do the same thing sometimes. It's a hard addiction to kick, but I think it can be controlled with effort and time. At least we're not as bad as people who literally sit at home, ALL day, watching television. It's not only turning their brains into mush but it also keeps them from having a social life, and it's incredibly unhealthy.