After reading the last chapter of Amusing Ourselves to Death, I began thinking many things. My first thought was, "Thank God I'm finished with this book." Afterwards, I began to wonder if we would really be so easy to just let ourselves be trapped into giving up our free- will for a few dumb shows. But I realized that everyone is capable of doing just that. Maybe not for a t.v. show, but for something. I believe that if left unchecked and without thought, we would be easy to let ourselves be trapped. If we aren't thinking about it, and are distracted by our thoughts, we won't even care that the president started a mass genocide in the country because we'll (or at least I) will be too busy with something that should have never let itself take up all of our time in the first place, if that makes any sense to anyone else.
So here's a quick question you can ask yourselves when you find yourself distracted, and that time will come: Is what I'm doind really important enough to make me drop my gaurd and attention what's really important? Whether that be your family, your job (soon) or school, especially our wonderful english class to be (Kissing up to Ms. Fletcher).
I didn't realize while I was writing this, but I really sound like a Life Coach, kind of like Dr. Phil.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha. James...its like you read my mind. This book totally and completely boggled my mind, changing the way I think and view things. We allow ourselves to become trapped in anything because we do not process things before we do. Of course things are more important than watching tv, playing video games however our media points to those same things, telling us that that is what we SHOULD spend out time doing.
Post a Comment