The clock is ticking as deadline for our summer blogging draws nearer, and with one blog left I figured, why not write a blog about blogging?
I don't know about the rest of you, but I made it a point of each of my day to log in and just lurk
and read what my peers have had to say. I've seen a lot of perspectives, and have learned certain individuals take on different subjects and although it isn't a 7 hour debate as Lincoln and Douglass managed to run, it is still an ongoing discussion of thoughts, ideas, with replies, disagreements, clarification.
The way I see it, in the huge umbrella that envelopes "media" with the entertainment, information, "news"... we've created a medium of our own. Our voices not as loud as those on TV, nor does it reach other parts of the world, it manages to affect the small clove we've made as a class.
In this way, we've managed to use technology to our advantage. Although I may just be sitting in my room typing this up, some of you will be reading it from down the street or even another state. It shows the idea that Morse put into place when inventing the telegraph... distance is not a variable. Even though using these technologies, we manage to somehow preserve the importance of typography yet incorporate other pieces of media such as pictures and videos to not take the place of what could be said, rather enhance the message we are trying to send.
Just a thought.
--Trisha Janelle Gragera
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bravo.
Can technology be a neutral force? And can people be empowered to use technology intelligently? Must we be dupes? Can we not bring consciousness to the process?
Can we simply WAKE UP?
It will never be simple for us to just "WAKE UP" but it is very possible to use technology intelligently and use it as a neutral force an an exchange of ideas. Webcams, for example is close to talking to someone face to face using technology. We must control how much we use technology and what we use it for.
Post a Comment