The Modern English is rapidly changing just like our technology. As I was re-reading George Orwell's "Politics and the English Language", I realized that there’s really a lot of changes in short periods of time. It is quite amusing how meanings of certain words are converted to a much different and sometimes unrelated meanings. The meaning of words are sometimes categorized as good or bad instead of really understanding the true significance of the words.
On a different subject, there are some statements that are very significant for me. I highly agree with his statement “A man may take to drink because he feels himself to be a failure, and then fail the more completely because he drinks”. In my personal opinion, people should move on and plan for the future instead of staying in the past and feel depressed over what might have happened.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment