What does those words mean? I first came upon this word toward the end chapter 12.This is a very new phase to me that I have never heard of before.In the book they us a lot of different tools to condition these people. They use music, movies and nightly repitions. Those tools all do the same thing, condition these people to have a certain lifestyle. At first when I read it it made me confused and think, moral propaganda seems to contradict it's self. Moral or morals are a set of values one has and propaganda is the use of media to convince the audience to do something or think a certain way. In the book Brave New World the characters seem to use more propaganda than morals in there society in my opinion. I also think that they are using propaganda to make the citizens believe that certain aspects of their lives are right just because they are and that are "morally" correct. I also think that in this book morals have been replaced with conditioning their citizen while they are younger.
This moral propaganda reminds ,in a way, of the media. Some parts of televison are showing things that 30 years ago weren't okay to do, now the are perfectly fine to do and very acceptable. Why does the media change so much? They change as more and more people start doing these newly popular things. Just like how in the future, according to the book, life will be way different than it is now and sorce of media will change.
What do you think about the moral propaganda in Brave New World? Is that word a correct way to describe the type propagande used in the Brave New World?
-Dekontee Tucrkile
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment