Kids, I just want to make sure you understand that after midnight on August 22 (which, by the way, is my 51st birthday), I will no longer be tallying up threads and comments because I will have to turn my attention over to your notebooks, which should be turned in by August 22.
The blog is worth 100 points, and breaks down like this: 15 points per thread (15 x 4 = 60), and 5 points per comment (5 x 8 = 40). There was extra credit available in June and July for starting early, and anyone who starts this week or next is penalized. I don't give more points if you wrote an extra 20 comments or 10 threads or whatever...once you met the requirement, the grading part was over for me. However, the conversation can continue, and I thank those of you who continued to participate beyond what was strictly required by the assignment.
Let's say you don't complete the blog, but you turn in your notebook and all the work is there. Fine. I'll just grade what you did on the blog and move along. It's not exactly the end of the world -- it's just a B, C, D or F on that part of the assignment. Remember though that summer homework is 33% of the first quarter grade.
Also keep in mind that with seats in the class being fairly competitive, you will want to do your best, because if I do have to make cuts, your performance on summer homework will come in to play. At this moment, I do not believe I will have to make cuts. As usual, students are weeding themselves out. Several have dropped already; many have not posted much to the blog; many haven't signed up yet.
AP English Language classes this year will be periods 4 and 5. I like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Forgive me if you've previously answered this, but when we actually finish with the required amount of posts/threads etc., would you like us to e-mail you the links to these posts/threads etc.?
Again, forgive me if you previously answered this.
Periods 4 and 5?
Um, is that official?
Because I have AP art for 4th period, and there's a ROP class that's only during 5th period that I've been itching to take...
Louie, the administrator in charge of the master schedule told me that 4&5 were my AP classes. Unless something changes in these last few weeks (unlikely once you have hundreds and thousands of kids scheduled neatly in their classes), you're going to have to make a choice between AP and ROP.
If you choose ROP, I completely understand and wish you the best of luck. Maybe I'll catch you your senior year for Expository Writing.
Post a Comment