Well, I was finishing up the vocab when I came across the word "pedagogy." Pedagogy is the function or work of a teacher. The function of a teacher from my understanding is to teach or in some cases putting up with annoying kids.
From my understanding, teachers teach the material that is required/approved by the Board of Education. Everything that the Board requires/approves is based on what is required by the state, which is approved by the government. I am assuming that everything that is taught is approved by the government.
Is there a reason that the government decides what we can teach or learn? Is it to benefit the student or society or the government? Sorry if this makes no sense but I have the idea that media and entertainment are used as bread and circuses. Is entertainment used to cover up what our government does without our knowledge?
- Tomas Castro
Vectorbeam Doom
1 hour ago
1 comment:
I'm sure that if we were all equally aware of what our government does [and I say 'equally' because, well, two-words...conspiracy theorists], either a widespread distaste for them would evolve into an uprising, or depending on the speed at which we became aware of it, chaos would surely ensue.
Now, is entertainment used to cover up what the government does? Probably as much as the colleseum was used to cover up Roman Empire laundering schemes, I'd say.
Sure, entertainment is an outlet. BUT, an outlet to disguise horrible truths? I'd say that's a little too high on the conspiracy theorist scale.
While I'll admit that our government does indeed hide truths from public view, and that, I too am very weary of our government, I think to assume that there's an immense truth that is being shadowed by our government using, "American Idol", is probably incorrect.
Of course, our history books can be called, "inaccurate" at times, and yes, they fail to mention certain ugly truths about America's past [*coughColumbuskilledandrapedanentirepeopleandstoletheirlandcough*], but I doubt that we're being required to learn Algebraic equations and use the Pythagorean theorem to disguise an atom-bomb test site in our backyards.
Interesting topic, Mr. Castro.
Post a Comment