Friday, August 8, 2008
One quick comment on boredom, by Alexandra Fletcher
If you are bored, no one cares. I hope that I've read the last blog entry about how bored some of you are by the summer assignment. You know what? There are 117 people signed up for AP, and about 55 seats. If you are bored, may I gently suggest that you find another class for your junior year?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally understand what you mean. It is really annoying reading complaints when what you expect to find is thoughtful writing. Even though the books can be difficult, the content is thought provoking and interesting. Often teenagers say things are boring when they are actually just difficult. I find myself doing it as well, because it's just a lot easier to say something is boring than to deal with it or explain why you dislike it. We do it not only because of our love affair with entertainment, but also because we're "great abbreviators."
Post a Comment