
Kids! Kids! What are you thinking? This is your summer homework, and you are typing in lowercase, splitting infinitives, omitting words, making subject/verb agreement errors, blathering -- in general, just submitting posts and comments that you obviously haven't thought about or proofread. Didn't I warn you about this before? Or have I just been seething in silence?
Just because you are online, don't think that the standards of written English have been tossed out of the window. I have been collecting your notable errors (your very own Greatest Hits compilation), and frankly, it's getting to be too much.
Let me just say this: when you make an egregious error, or many small ones, I can only draw one of two conclusions --
1. You don't care
2. You don't know better
Maybe both! Look: it is my responsibility to help you figure out how to use the language among educated people -- I'm not letting you slide on this. An error here or there is no cosa grande, but if you are a repeat offender, I'm not letting it slide.
That's teacher euphemism for "It will effect your grade."
No comments:
Post a Comment