Wow! When I first began reading Brave New World I didn't understand anything that was taking place , but as I continued to get deeper in the book I realized this book isn't that bad after all. For me I think that this book is interesting because it deals with reproduction and honestly I feel as though its able to hold my attention simply because I want to become an OBGYN so everything that is going on in the book is exciting to me and its not just that, there are other things about this book that are interesting it's just that that is one of the major factors. When i started reading this book I wasn't sure whether or not this was real or fake (:-)) I thought maybe these people were just scientists experimenting for the future, but then I later realized this couldn't possibly be real. This book mixes real life with the fake for instance the author uses real characters like Karl Marx, Henry Ford, Shakespeare and also uses true things about the life before the World State.
I see that the people in the "other world" worship and praise this character named Henry Ford. He's their present Christ , for example when they use A.F. to me its like they're just replacing Christ for Ford. Also their sign originates from the cross, they just cut the top part off which makes it a T.
The whole mind controlling system is ridiculous, but I guess its no different from the contents we take in from the television, radio and magazines. That is some what of a controller in today's society. The way their government operates simply isn't that much different from ours because their alphas can be recognized as our rich, their betas can be considered our middle class and the rest can be seen as the poor, if you think about it. Do you think that the controllers like Mustapha Mond and the DHC had to be processed too?
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment