*In a distant suburb, an anguished cry rises into the late afternoon air*
My big, fast, wonderful iMac just DIED. It's dead. I have to wrap it in a dusky blue pagmina and take it to the Apple store, where they will gouge me for big repair dollars, or perhaps, try to sell me another ("...so if you pay $500 for this repair, it will be covered by a 3-month warranty, whereas you can get this brand new Mac for just $1200...")
This iMac is less than two years old...JUST weeks outside the warranty period. I've been using Macs since the 80s and I've never had anything like this happen before.
Right now, I'm writing on the iBook that I gave my daughter for 8th grade graduation...you remember my daughter? The junior in college? This thing is nice, but it's a little OLD.
My settings aren't here. My passwords aren't in here. My bookmarks are gone. Talk about dependency on technology! Oh, I feel like Wilma Flintstone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man! I just realized something...this morning, I updated my Excel spreadsheet that tallies your posts -- all of the threads, comments, etc. -- it's a pretty complicated little document, and getting more complicated all of the time. And I PRINTED IT OUT. Oh halleluiah, I printed it out. If it was locked inside my dead iMac, I think I would lay down on the sidewalk right now and wait for my little neighbor to come by and roll over me with his tricycle. He'd do it too.
BTW kids: 64 people on the blog, and three who haven't responded to their invites yet. This is quite a bit bigger than last year, and it's only July.
Last year, I had kids ask to start blogging in late August. Can you see how lame that would be? At that point, why bother? I think the offer of extra credit has gone a long way towards getting you kids started.
Hey, I'm talking to myself out here.
Anyway, my computer is in the shop...the logic board is FRIED. I asked my tech guy, "Was this me, or just one of those things?" and he said, "Oh, just one of those things." OK, I can deal with the randomness of the universe. That's fair.
The good news is that I am still under warranty! Woohoo!
ahahahah in a distant suburb...ahahaha
Post a Comment