Thursday, June 19, 2008

We need notebook help/Lively Art of Writing

Kids, I've started to receive emails from students saying they can't find notebooks. Two people on the survey (bottom right) said they found nonperfed notebooks; one said "Staples" which is a little surprising since they haven't carried them in the past, even when I asked...

The best sources have usually been drugstores: CVS, RiteAid, etc.

Also, a student told me that The Lively Art of Writing is out of print, so I had a small coronary...then I realized that it is simply SOLD OUT. No biggie. That part of your homework can wait, right? I'll order more through Barnes and Noble at the Long Beach Towne Center.

Right now, just start reading Huxley, Orwell and Postman. Once we get a few chapters under our belts, the conversation will begin.

This was my first day of summer. I played golf in a tournament, and I'm pretty rusty. I hope tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

CierraLundy said...

Barnes and Noble was completely cool and sent Lively Art of Writing to my house!
Not sooo complicated.